types of Bone grafts
- There is insufficient bone to hold a dental implant post in replacing missing teeth.
- Advance gum disease has caused the jaw bone to recede leading to deep pockets within your gums.
- Development defects requiring supplement of bone.
- Facial injury or trauma whereby bone is required to replace bone loss or fracture.
There are basically 3 types of bone grafts procedures:
- Bone grafts with synthetic bone material : for minor to moderate bone loss
- Bone grafts with own donor bone : for moderate to major bone loss
- Sinus lifts : done only for upper jaw area to enable implant post placement